AMResorts Clean Complete+ Testing Update
AMResorts is proud to expand the already comprehensive CleanComplete Verification™ program with the introduction of CleanComplete+.
On January 12, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expanded the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States. This requirement will go into effect on January 26, 2021. As you may be aware, a similar requirement is already in place for travelers returning to the U.K., Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Colombia.
As part of CleanComplete+, we are pleased to announce the inclusion of COVID-19 antigen testing on-property at no cost to guests traveling to the U.S., as accepted per CDC U.S. travel regulations beginning on January 26, 2021. On-site property testing will be administered by Hospiten, an international private hospital network committed to providing a first-rate health care service for travelers, across the majority of our destinations*.
Test results will be received the same day in written format as required by the CDC. Guests should contact the concierge at each resort upon arrival to schedule departure testing.
For guests traveling to countries that do not accept the antigen test and require PCR testing, concierges at each resort will help coordinate and facilitate testing with off-property, third-party providers which are listed here.
If a guest receives a positive test while on the property that prevents departure, the cost of quarantine at the property will be covered for up to 14 days. Extended stay due to quarantine includes the guest plus one travel companion sharing the same room. This policy is valid for travel through March 31, 2021.
Information About the CDC Testing Requirements
According to the CDC, air passengers entering the U.S. will be required to present documentation of a negative COVID-19 viral test (called a Qualifying Test) conducted within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs.
- Documentation should be for a viral test (NAAT or antigen) as approved or authorized by the relevant national authority.
- Test results must state: Negative, SARS-CoV2 RNA Not Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Not Detected, or COVID-19 Not Detected. An invalid will not be accepted.
- Documentation may be paper or electronic copy and must include the name and contact information of the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test.
- Test results may be required to be shown again upon landing.
Alternatively, passengers may provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 with documentation of test results conducted during the 3 months preceding the flight’s departure from a foreign country.
- Test results must state: Positive, SARS-CoV2 RNA Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Detected or COVID-19 Detected. An invalid will not be accepted.
- Additionally, a letter from a licensed health professional stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel (called Documentation of Recovery) is required.
- Finally, all airline passengers will be required to present a simple CDC attestation form to the airline for collection prior to boarding. The CDC attestation form can be found here for reference.
For full information, please reference the FAQs on the CDC website, which can be found here.