Palladium Hotel Group announces COVID19 Health Insurance for guests
Palladium Hotel Group Announces COVID19 Health Insurance For Guests
When travelling with Palladium Hotel Group, guests will now be able to benefit from free health care insurance during their stay.
Effective immediately as we re-open our properties, all Guests staying at any of our properties at any Grand Palladium or TRS Hotel in MEXICO, JAMAICA, Brazil & the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC will be covered with a new health care insurance to protect them against any unforeseen circumstances related to the current Covid-19 pandemic.
It is an innovative benefit that we’re offering to each and every one of our guests completely free of charge in order to continue to take care of them during their vacation. Thanks to this, Guests will have several services included for any incident directly related to the virus that may appear during their stay.
Specifically, the coverage includes:
• Expenses for any illness arising during the stay in the hotel up to € 3,000 (Euros)* and for Covid-19 infection up to € 100,000 (Euros)*: these expenses include medical fees, medicines from the medical care provided, as well as hospitalization expenses and ambulance expenses requested by a doctor.
• Medical transfer of patients: whenever the guest is unable to continue the trip due to the virus and needs to go to a hospital or return home, the transfer will be covered for various means of transport such as train, plane, helicopter or ambulance.
• Emergency transfer to hospital: if a serious illness occurs that requires immediate assistance, this service will assume the transfer both to and from the hotel to the nearest hospital or clinic. This service would also include medical surveillance if necessary.
• Extension of stay: in the event that the affected client does not have to be hospitalized and the doctor prescribes the need to stay in the hotel, the policy will cover the expenses derived from prolonging their stay and that of three of their companions up to a maximum of € 75 (Euros)* a day for 10 days.
• Repatriation: in the event of death, Palladium Hotel Group’s new medical care insurance will organize the repatriation of the deceased and will assume the cost of other expenses such as those derived from administrative formalities, among others.
• Sending a driver for medical reasons: if due to illness the guest is unable to drive his / her own vehicle, the client may request that a professional driver or another person drive their vehicle to their home.
• Return of the companions: finally, clients can also feel completely reassured that, if any eventuality occurs, the insurance will cover any type of transfer of three of their companions to the affected person’s hospitalization place or habitual residence. that would be done through the most convenient means of transportation.
• This benefit will be offered by Palladium Hotel Group completely free of charge for 1 Year from the moment we re-open each property, while we navigate with this pandemic.
*Amounts are specified in Euros, which will be converted to local currency’s exchange rate of the date of the transaction.
The introduction of medical assistance insurance complements Palladium Hotel Group’s new health and safety protocol, which is being implemented in partnership with SGS – the global leader in inspection, verification, analysis and certification, to guarantee that its hotels continue to be safe environments.